I Am Sorry, GoldieApologises ToNigerians

Nigerian Singer, Goldie Harvey,
has apologised to Nigerians who
felt disappointed over her
uncontrolled emotions while
representing the country at the
ongoing Big Brother StarGame in
South Africa.
In a chat with P.M.NEWS at a
special media session yesterday
at Protea Hotel, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos,
Southwest Nigeria, Goldie said
she was sorry if Nigerians had
seen another character different
from the usual Goldie that thrill
them as an entertainer.
"I want to tell Nigerians that I am
so sorry. I am human just like
everyone. I am an extremely
emotional person. Everybody has
two sides. What we entertainers
represent on stage is different
from who we are off stage. And I
didn't go into the Big Brother
StarGame with any strategy. I
went in there as an individual
and just to be my real self. And
that's what Africa saw. I didn't go
into that house as Goldie, the
performer, I was in there as
Susan. Fortunately, my teeming
fans got to see the human side
of me and not the woman they
see on stage," she stressed.
Goldie insists that she was her
true self from the beginning of
the show till last Sunday when
she was evicted.
"I wear my heart on my sleeve. I
am brought up to be loyal and be
truthful to everyone. I am not the
type that plot or play schism. So,
when I.K. showed me the
nomination last Sunday, the
discovery was shocking and my
knees went weak. Every other
guy had like 8, 6 and 5
nominations, but I had just two.
And I was the one to leave. I felt
betrayed when I discovered one
of the persons that nominated
me for eviction," Goldie
told P.M. NEWS.
On her 70-day run in the house,
Goldie explained that she was
overwhelmed by the positive
lessons she learned about other
African cultures. She said
whatever people might say, she
is convinced that she
represented Nigeria well in the
house as she showed to the rest
of Africa that rare qualities of
Nigerians.
"Nigerians are loving, caring and
religious people. We have high
moral standards. And all these
qualities I tried to exhibit while
in the Big Brother house," she
stated.
After an impressive 70-day run,
Goldie, Nigeria's last
representative at the ongoing
reality TV show, was booted out
of the show on Sunday night.
Nigeria had won the show on
three consecutive occasions—
Kevin Pam in 2009, Uti
Nwachukwu in 2010 and Karen
Igho in 2011.
After an impressive run and
unexpected voluntary exit of
other two Nigerian
representatives, Ola and Chris,
from this year's show, a lot was
expected from Goldie, as the only
Nigerian left in the show. But on
the contrary, many Nigerians
vent their anger on her as she
was seen to be on the hunt for
love than the $300,000 prize at
stake and honour for her father
land.
On her tumultuous relationship
with fellow housemate, Prezzo,
The Kennis Music recording diva
said the Kenyan-born rapper told
her that he has been separated
from his wife for two years now.
"In the early weeks of the game,
Prezzo told me that he has
separated from his wife. I asked
him thrice on different occasions
and he reaffirmed his statement.
I even advised him to reconcile
with the woman because of their
child but he insisted that his
mind was made up.
"He said if he had wanted to, he
would have done that about two
years ago. There are cameras in
the house, if only people can
playback to prove what I am
saying," Goldie said.
She added that she didn't regret
giving her heart to the Kenyan
because she saw in him as a
gentle person and he seemed to
be intelligent.
"You had about 50 cameras to
watch you but I had only two
eyes and two ears and I believed
in what I saw. But when I heard
everything he had said, I was
sad, but I realise that he went
into the house to play a game. I
have learnt my lesson and I am
stronger for it," the singer said.

No comments

Recent Post