Am not a daring person as you think - Sisg oge queen

I am 21 years old from Osun
State. I studied Banking and
Finance at Babcock University, I
also hold a masters in
International Business
Management from Bradford
University in the United Kingdom.
I am into network marketing,
hotel management and event planning.
Why I went for a beauty pageant
I am a lover of culture, which Sisi
Oge is all about. Besides, I was
encouraged to go for it because I
knew there won't be a swim suit
segment. It's not as if I am
ashamed of my body but as a
Yoruba lady, my culture does not
permit that.
My parents? Well, my mother was
my greatest fan and she even
flew in from the United Kingdom
to watch me strut on stage. My challenges in camp as a
contestant
We were all unique in our own
ways, so it was not like I was
scared of anybody. I put in my
best and allowed God crown my
efforts with success which he did. While on stage? I almost
passed out! I was very nervous but I had to put up a brave face. I
remember requesting for water because I was hot inside me.
There were several tense moments.
Maybe if I had
participated in a pageant before
this, I might have been
able to
handle it better. Thank God I did
not allow my uneasiness to get
the better of me. I was so
uncomfortable that I did not even hear them announce my
name. But when I saw my
mother and aunt jumping, it
dawned on me that I had won. Fashion
I try as much as possible not to
mix a lot of colours together when I am dressed.
I am not a
daring person, so I rarely experiment with clothes. I love
shoes and I have lots of them.
I don't have any favourite designers but the
shoes must be
fantastic.
Life as Sisi-Oge
I am going to be Afro- centric in
my dressing and at the same
time, I am not going to be far
away from western attire. There
is a way in which I can create a
blend between the two. My pet
project? I want to impart
knowledge about our culture
into young children. It's going to
be a catch-them-young project. It
is codenamed, triple C. It means
Children cultural centre. It's a
platform that would include an
entertainment centre where kidscan learn about African values
and heritage.
Beauty and fitness
I just wake up in the morning,
have my shower, moisturise,
cleanse and I am off. I use Clarins and Clinique products. To
keep fit, I don't do a lot of things. I
just
try to eat the right food and in
the right quantity. I rarely
workout at home, I think I had
enough of that in camp. Social life
I like to hang out with my
friends, go to the movies and I
love discovering restaurants. I like to taste food, so I
make it a habit to visit restaurants. My dream
At the beginning of this year, I
never envisaged that I would participate in a pageant let alone
win it. I pray that God help me in
this new venture.
Relationship
I am married to my crown, my
reign and Sisi -Oge at the moment.
• Sikeola Olowe is the winner the
beauty pageant, Sisi-Oge 2012

No comments

Recent Post