I wont congratulate Govornor Oshiomole

Governorship candidate of the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) in the just
concluded governorship election in Edo
state, Major General Charles Airhiavbere
(rtd), Monday said he would not
congratulate Governor Adams Oshiomhole
of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN),
citing the earlier statement by the governor
faulting INEC in the conduct of the election.
Gen Airhiavbere who spoke to journalists in
Benin insisted that the acclaimed winner
had faulted the electoral process before his
declaration by the same body on Sunday.
According to him, "I won't fully comment
on the election because the acclaimed
winner had earlier in the day about 1 p.m
condemned the electoral system, he
condemned the chairman of INEC for the
process that has not ended.
"That process at the end of the day
declared him the winner. I will observe in
the next few days before I make my
comment. It could have been easy to
congratulate him but he also had pre-
empted the system that brought him", he
stated.
Meanwhile, it will be recalled that
Oshiomhole had said in an interview with
journalists on Saturday that, "Prof Jega and
INEC have been an embarrassment to the
nation. I am in shock with all the
arrangements they have made sensitizing
the people, and I told them, INEC need to
be sensitized. INEC is the weakest link in
the Nigeria democratic chain. I have no faith
in what INEC is doing in Benin City."

No comments

Recent Post