D,banj -The untold truth-if it were you?then what !

If you were 70, what will you tell your children or grandchildren
about the songs titled Tongolo, Do you Like The Koko and Why Me ?
At 70, I would have gone grey with arthritis due to the energy I must
have dissipated on stage (winks).
What about the three songs?
I will say to them, 'Children, I recorded, released and performed
those songs when I was young, free, energetic and adventurous. The
songs made me popular, especially Why Me ? which earned me all the
major music awards in Nigeria, Africa and then Germany, where I was
presented with the award of the Best African Artiste at the MTV Europe
Music Awards. I also… Honestly, there's nothing to be ashamed of about
the songs.
At 70, you might wish you had changed some of the lyrics in the three songs.
No, I'm sure. Even if I later become a pastor I won't regret
recording, releasing and performing the three songs. Onlydirty-minded
people will misinterpret such harmless songs.
What if one or two of the 'dirty-minded' people approach you with
their findings?
Then I will tell them the truth.
And what is the truth?
I will tell them that in Nigeria at that time, we didn't have a
national aphrodisiac. So, I got thinking and created those three
songs. And that is the truth.
Are you sure they won't frown at your answers?
Marvin Gaye or Fela's sons and daughters are not frowning on their
fathers' legacies,uhmm really wild to imagine but you never can tell
what you and I
could do to be successive,what do you feel,post your comments

No comments

Recent Post